Technicode has been providing custom label solutions for thermal transfer and direct printing for more than 25 years. We offer custom color labels in six colors, custom conversions, and standard labels from the leading manufacturers. With a variety of custom labels, custom thermal label printing capabilities, materials, and industries served, we can deliver an optimized custom solution that meets all of your requirements.
Types of Custom Labels We Offer
Printed Thermal Transfer
Thermal transfer printing uses heat to melt resin-based inks onto printing material. It is an excellent method for producing crisp, high-quality barcodes. Both industrial thermal transfer label printers and mini-desktop solutions for consumers print with accuracy and elevate image quality with exceptional edge definition. Our custom thermal transfer labels provide a sharp printed image that allows for no-hassle scanning. We can replicate tight lines to provide exact printed bar widths with repeatable tolerances within 0.001-inch.
Direct Thermal Labels
Direct thermal printers rely on a thermal print head to heat portions of thermo-chromatic paper. The specialized printing method uses chemically treated paper that changes its color when the printer heats it. The heated print head causes a reaction in the paper, creating the intended image. Select direct thermal printers can also produce two-color labels by exposing areas of the paper to two distinct temperatures, with the most common combination being red and black.
Custom Thermal Label Printing Capabilities
At Technicode, our custom thermal label printing capabilities include:
- 0-6 Colors
- 4 Color Process
- Consecutive Numbering
- Custom Color Match
- Print on Liner
- Reverse Print
- Water Based, UV, Metallic, Fluorescent
Custom Die Cuts
- Butt Cut
- Faceslit, Backslit
- Hang Holes/Air Eject Holes
- Large Inventory of Existing Dies
- Pressure Sensitive/Non-Pressure Sensitive
- RFID Labels
- Sensor Notches/Slots
- Special Shapes, RCR, Circles, Ovals
- Laminate: Matte, Gloss, Printable, Polyester
- Varnish: Standard, UV, Printable Core ID: ¾, 1, 2, 3, 6
Label Stocks Available
- Direct Thermal (Coated, Non-Topcoated)
- Non Pressure Sensitive (Papers, Films, Tag)
- Patterned Adhesives
- Pressure Sensitive (Papers, Films, Tag)
- Synthetics (Polypropylene / Polyester)
- Tamper Evident
- Thermal Transfer
Custom Thermal Label Materials
Technicode works with the following custom thermal label materials:
- Thermal Transfer Paper: A coated label that relies on a transferred image from a thermal ribbon.
- Direct Thermal Paper: A label that may be coated or uncoated with heat-sensitive chemicals to create an image when the printer applies heat.
- Direct Thermal Polypropylene: Ideal for many retail, medical, and laboratory applications due to its resistance to dirt, grease, and tearing. These labels have a matte finish.
- Destructible Vinyl: A vinyl label that tears easily when a user attempts to remove it for tamper resistance.
- Cryogenic: A freezer-grade label that can be used in environments below 0 °F.
- Polypropylene: A label offering high durability and resistance to water, chemicals, oils, and grease. They can be used outdoors for short periods or for marking shelves and inventory.
- Polyester: A durable label that can withstand harsh conditions with heat, water, and tear resistance. It is available in a range of finishes.
- Tamper Evident: A label that leaves a silver and white pattern with the word VOID when removed, offering security for rentals, electronic equipment, and other tamper-sensitive goods.
- Vinyl: Vinyl labels offer durability and good adhesion with several years of weather resistance and chemical and solvent resistance. Requires a resin thermal transfer ribbon for printing.
- Retro-Reflective: A label made from a reflective material that allows for easy infrared scanning from a distance for use with signage and warehouse inventory.
Technicode relies on products from leading manufacturers, including Fasson®, Flexcon®, and 3M®. We have a vast inventory of standard dies and can make custom dies to meet your exact specifications.
Applications of Custom Thermal Labels
Custom thermal labels from Technicode offer performance in the following applications:
- Industrial: Labels for warehouse signage and custom tag printing in industrial environments.
- Food and Beverage: Labels allow food and beverage manufacturers to provide traceability information for produce, cold-temperature information, and nutritional facts.
- Healthcare: Labels for vials and test tube identification, pharmacy, research, diagnostics, and medical use.
- Safety and Security: Protect products from contamination and illegal modification with tamper-evident labels.
- Transportation: D.O.T identification, GHS classification chemical drums, and shipping labels.
Custom Label Solutions From Technicode
Custom labels come in a variety of designs for different applications. Custom thermal labels are used in a wide range of labeling applications, from D.O.T identification to nutritional facts labels. Technicode can print custom thermal labels, custom pressure-sensitive labels for general use, and specialized labels like cryogenic and tamper-resistant labels. Technicode has been serving clients in various industries since 1997 and our labels are made in the USA. Request a quote today to learn more about our capabilities.